Official Contest Rules for KBBY (B 95.1)
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of KBBY, located at 1376 Walter St. Ventura, CA 93003, owned and operated by Cumulus Media Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
Operation Headed Home Contest Rules and Regulations:
- 1. Participation and Eligibility: Entry (hereafter Nominations) to the Operation Headed Home Contest is open to all active-duty service members, their families, friends, relatives and acquaintance, however, the contest may only be won, and a Grand Prize awarded to, exclusively active duty military members of the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
- Entrants may make “Nominations” as often as they like during the Contest Period, but no individual may make more than ONE nomination per day for this contest. Nominations may only be made on behalf of Active-Duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
- Nominations will consist of a personal video, not to exceed one minute in length, nominating a specific active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States of America, which must be posted to the entrants personal Social Media platform of their choice using the hash tag #operationheadedhome. Only those videos with this specific hash tag will be considered a valid and eligible entry.
- Cumulus Media Oxnard/Ventura is not responsible for lost of incomplete entries, Internet connection issues or any other issue that may affect the entry or storage of any individual nomination video.
- The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of the Standard Contest Rules as applicable and the Special Contest Rules for the Operation Headed Home Contest, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Upon selection, the potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Cumulus Media Oxnard/Ventura, within three days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. In addition, Winner must provide proof of the ability to secure leave from their duties during the December holiday season (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.), be able to travel home for the aforementioned holiday season, and be a minimum of 18 years of age by December 19th, 2016 in order to qualify for the Grand .
- 2. Prize: On December 19th, 2016 Cumulus Media Oxnard/Ventura and its participating local stations, will select one winner from all eligible entries received by the participating stations, of the Operation Headed Home Grand Prize. The judges will select a winner that best typifies in their judgment a man or woman in uniform needing the help we will provide to travel home to their family for the holidays. The Operation Headed Home Grand Prize winner, upon successful verification of their eligibility, will receive a bank Debit or Credit style card pre-loaded upon it valued at $1,000. Service Members may be stationed anywhere in the World, but the Grand Prize Winner must use the Grand Prize for travel and/or accommodations, that they book themselves, to be home, wherever that is in the United States or its territories, with their family for the aforementioned holiday period. The Grand Prize must be used prior to January 31st, 2016.
- 3. Eligibility: Unless otherwise specified, all Contests and Sweepstakes are open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Cumulus radio station’s listening area. Void where prohibited by law. Individuals age 13 to 17 may be eligible to participate in Contests and Sweepstakes with the approval of a parent or legal guardian, provided that the parent or legal guardian is a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and resides in the Cumulus radio station’s listening area. Unless otherwise specified, employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Cumulus radio station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. An individual may win a Contest or Sweepstakes only once per six (6) month period unless otherwise specifically stated. Contests and Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest or Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
- 4. Taxes: All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded in any Contest or Sweepstakes become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
General Contest Rules
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Cumulus Media Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
(i) For Online Contests: Visit the Station’s website at http://www.b951.com/ and complete an online entry form. One entry per person, per household, per email address.
(ii) For Remote Broadcast Contests: Attend a remote broadcast conducted by that Station and complete an entry form. One entry per person, per household. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the remote broadcast.
4. For Grand Prize selections: Entrants will be randomly selected from all eligible entries as potential grand prize winner. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be randomly selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Station’s sole discretion.
5. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
6. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
7. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
8. All prizes must be claimed in person at the station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within thirty (30) days of winning, excluding holidays, unless otherwise agreed to by the Station at its sole discretion. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Photo identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving any prize, each potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
9. All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
10. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
12. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
13. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
14. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the Station, Cumulus Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
16. A winners list may be obtained within 30 days of the contests completion by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: 1376 Walter St. Ventura CA, 93003